Do you love the Gators? Do you want to be an integral part of the Gator Nation in YOUR community? Then we need YOU! To apply for an open position, please download the application and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The UFAA has adopted its new Gator Club Leader Handbook and several new rules have been set regarding the Board of Directors and Elections. One important new rule is the club is limited to a maximum of eleven elected, voting directors.
• Maintain Board expectations tracker, presented at each meeting.
• Perform the duties of the President in the absence or disability of the President
• Works with vendors for events/web site promotion
• Works with President to prepare for leadership retreat and board meetings
• Expected to act as continuous volunteer through the year
• Has custody of all funds
• Keep full and accurate account of receipts and expenditures
• Make disbursements as authorized by the board
• Present financial statement at times requested by the board
• Make a full financial report at monthly board meetings
• Submit financial reports as required by UFAA
• Disburse reimbursements
• Deposit checks in a timely manner
• Ensure cash box/checks are at each event
• Take and distribute meeting minutes
• Keep board roster updated
• Write thank you notes and letters for all vendors, events etc.
• Handle correspondence
Academics Vice President
• Arrange 2 Outreach Programs
• Organize academic recruitment programs
• Manage Scholarship committee
• Organize and plan scholarship program and reception
Athletics Vice President
• Coordinate game-viewing locations and specials
• Promote and attend UF athletic events in Tampa area
• Organize event and speaker for National Signing Day (February)
Communications Vice President
• Submit events on Gator E-News (event registration)
• Update web site as specified by officers
• Send out eblasts promoting upcoming events
• Update the Club’s facebook/twitter accounts
• Ensure all Board members are current UFAA members
• Welcome new members to Board meetings and events
• Promote involvement on the committees
• Communicate with other area alumni groups (Blue Key, Black Alumni Association, etc.)
• Organize International Gator Day (May)
• Recognize “Volunteer of the Month” at Board meetings
• “Little Gator Club” Events
Young Alumni Director
• Plan one event for young alumni per quarter
• Work with the Region 3 Young Alumni Representative
• Organize annual Gator Rompin’ networking event (August)
Event Coordinators (Non Governing Position)
• Gator 5K (October)
• Golf Tournament (April)
• Fishing Tournament (May)
• Sponsorships (Ongoing)
Tampa Gator Club Committee Descriptions
This committee works with the Academics chair to select the Club’s scholarship recipients and plan the Annual Scholarship Reception (in June), which recognizes two Distinguished Gators (community leaders who have shown dedication to the Club) and awards the scholarships to the high school recipients. This event is one of the signature events of the Club and typically includes an evening dinner and entertainment, in addition to the awards program.
Ongoing throughout the year.
This committee will work with the Athletics chair to plan game-viewing parties, the National Signing Day event (February), as well as help promote any Gator sporting events that will take place in the Tampa area.
Ongoing throughout the year.
This committee will promote all of the club’s initiatives and events through the web site, UF Alumni Association, myspace page, facebook group, and GNN group. Committee members play a vital role in helping to get the word out to Gator Nation!
INTERNATIONAL GATOR DAY
This committee will work with the Volunteer Chair to start planning this event in November. It will take place in May. IGD is a day when all of the Gator Clubs around the world perform some kind of community service in their city. The Tampa Gator Club has held a kickball tournament for the past four years and invited children from local non-profits to participate along with the volunteers.
This annual tournament raises money for scholarship funds and includes a day of fun, prizes, raffles and Gator spirit! Committee members and volunteers will get two free meals the day of the tournament, as well as a gift bag!
This committee will work with the Membership Chair to come up with strategies to increase membership and will work together to implement those strategies. The committee will also find unique ways to encourage current members to pursue leadership roles in the Club. Finally, they will identify opportunities for members-only benefits in various activities.
* For anyone who has graduated within the last 15 years
This committee works with the Young Alumni chair to plan events for this demographic. The young alumni program gives recent graduates a chance to come together to network, socialize and cheer on the Gators. The committee schedules 3-4 events per year (includes the Gator Rompin’), however, young alumni are encouraged and welcome to attend any and all Tampa Gator Club activities.